To play Pixelmon on your PC, you’ll need to install Minecraft and then add the Pixelmon mod. Here are the steps to make PC Pixelmon:
1. Install Minecraft:
- If you don’t already have Minecraft, you’ll need to purchase and install it from the official Minecraft website (https:www.minecraft.net).
2. Download and Install Minecraft Forge:
- Pixelmon requires the Minecraft Forge modding platform to run. Visit the Minecraft Forge website (https:files.minecraftforge.net) and download the version that corresponds to your Minecraft version (e.g., 1.12.2, 1.16.5, etc.).
- Run the Forge installer, select “Install client,” and choose your Minecraft installation directory.
3. Download Pixelmon:
- Go to the official Pixelmon website (https:reforged.gg) and download the Pixelmon Reforged mod for your Minecraft version.
4. Install Pixelmon:
- Navigate to your Minecraft installation directory (usually located in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming.minecraft on Windows).
- Open the “mods” folder. If it doesn’t exist, create it.
- Place the downloaded Pixelmon Reforged mod file into the “mods” folder.
5. Launch Minecraft with Forge:
- Open the Minecraft Launcher.
- In the bottom left corner of the launcher, click on the drop-down menu next to “Installations.”
- Select the Forge installation you created earlier. It will likely have “Forge” in its name.
- Click the “Play” button to start Minecraft with Forge.
6. Configure Pixelmon (Optional):
- Once you’re in the game, you can configure Pixelmon’s settings through the in-game Pixelmon config menu by pressing the “P” key.
7. Start a New World or Join a Server:
- You can either start a new single-player world to play Pixelmon on your own or join a Pixelmon multiplayer server if you prefer playing with others.
8. Play Pixelmon:
- In the game, you can find and catch Pokémon, battle other trainers, explore the Pixelmon world, and more, just like in the Pokémon games.
Remember that playing modded Minecraft can be resource-intensive, so ensure that your PC meets the system requirements for both Minecraft and the Pixelmon mod. Additionally, make sure to follow any specific installation instructions or compatibility notes provided by the creators of the Pixelmon mod and any server you may choose to join.